Disability definitions and detailed information for advisors and their clients.
- Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA):
A federal law prohibiting discrimination against people with disabilities. Click the link for more info.
- Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA):
This federal law provides unpaid but job-protected leave for certain medical conditions.
- Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI):
Federal insurance program providing income to people unable to work due to disability
- Workers' Compensation:
State and Federal compensation programs for individuals injured on the job
- Paid Time Off (PTO):
A benefit that combines vacation, sick leave, etc., into one bank of paid time off.
- Are your Disability Benefits taxable?
Depending upon how your disability insurance premiums are paid, the benefits received may or may not be taxable.
- Employee Retirement Income Security Act of 1974 (ERISA):
A federal law that sets minimum standards for most voluntarily established pension and health plans in private industry to provide protection for individuals in these plans.