Disability resources and information
Disability, health and financial resources from the Council for Disability Awareness
- The Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) - The official website of the ADA covers disability rights, design standards, guides for small businesses and nonprofit organizations and much more.
- Disability.gov - This Federal government website provides comprehensive information about disability programs, services, laws and benefits.
- The National Organization on Disability - The NOD's mission is to expand the participation and contribution of America's 54 million men, women and children with disabilities.
Health & Wellness Information
- American Heart Association - Heart disease prevention and healthy lifestyle tips.
- The Arthritis Foundation - The prevention and treatment of arthritis.
- American Cancer Society - Cancer prevention information and programs for patients, their family friends and caregivers.
- American Diabetes Association - - Diabetes research, information and advocacy.
- MedlinePlus - Federal government website with information on 700+ diseases and conditions, a medical encyclopedia and dictionary.
Financial Protection Information
- American Council of Life Insurers - The "why, how and how much" of shopping for individual disability insurance. Tips and a checklist on finding the right policy for you.
- America's Health Insurance Plans - A nonprofit organization providing information and consumer guides on health and disability insurance.
- Life and Health Insurance Foundation for Education - Information about insurance for your life, health, disability and long-term care.
- Social Security - If you develop a disabling medical condition, Social Security may pay you benefits. This website has information on eligibility requirements and the amount of benefits you could receive.
- Workers' Compensation - Workers' compensation provides benefits for workers who have been injured or become ill while on the job. This website includes comprehensive information, links to the workers compensation boards in all 50 states, as well as addresses, phone numbers, and links to websites of state agencies.
- The National Association of Insurance Commissioners - The nonprofit National Association of Insurance Commissioners (NAIC) has an Insure U - Get Smart About Insurance program to help consumers make educated decisions about the insurance protection they need. The site also contains information on life, home, health, renters, and auto insurance.
- International DI Society - Consumer information about the disability industry from producers, insurers, regulators, and educators.
Note: This page contains links to outside websites, servers and systems not under the control of the Council for Disability Awareness. CDA is not liable for the accuracy, availability or content of these websites.
Visit the CDA website for more information: www.disabilitycanhappen.org